What is Bubble Protocol?
Bubble is an off-chain storage protocol that brings private data capabilities to Web3 applications. Its mission is to give users control over their digital footprint. It combines off-chain storage with on-chain access controls to offer a new standard for private storage and privacy innovation.
With its advanced privacy features and hybrid approach to Web3 innovation, Bubble Protocol brings unique capabilities to dApp developers and businesses.
Why On-Chain Permissions?
Using an on-chain smart contract to specify permissions is a powerful way to control access and brings a number of benefits for innovation:
- Programmable Access Control: Customisable smart contracts define precise data access rules that can change over the lifetime of the bubble in response to events and state changes.
- Interactive: Ability to respond to transactions from authorised senders (EOAs or other smart contracts).
- Event-Responsive: Ability to trigger actions based on predefined events, such as time-based criteria or external oracle inputs.
- Authenticated Interactions: Guarantees that data exchanges are verified and secure.
- Transparent Operations: Ensures visibility of access rules and interactions for all stakeholders.
- Immutable Rules: Once deployed, the contract code cannot be altered, ensuring consistent enforcement.
- On-Chain SLAs: Establishes a blockchain-enforced Service Level Agreement for data handling.
- Compliance Adherence: Automates compliance with regulations like GDPR for data privacy and protection.